Saturday, March 10, 2012

Touchdown in Hidden Valley, Riyadh

Posted by sarahmaeamharas at 12:36 AM
While I was scanning my picture folders, I came across some old bunch of pictures of me and my co-workers. It was taken in Hidden Valley, Riyadh. This made me remember how amazing and beautiful the experience was. The heights are purely breath-taking, for a first- time visitor like me.





Hidden Valley (Wadi Nissah) is located 80 kilometers west of Riyadh, and it takes an hour drive from the city. This place is where you can find the one of the most astounding rock formations in the Kingdom.


Getting there was fun and at the same time stressful (the fact that we were lost and was still dark!). But having a first glimpse at the silhouette of those great rocks, made me feel eager to see more of the place. I was even more excited to see how the sun touched its rays on the shoulder of the mountains. As we arrived at foremost place, my eyes fervently looked at the view in front of me. It was naturally striking.



I started hiking as soon as I saw a rock mount which I decided to reach. At first it was an easy hike, but I realized it wasn't. Luckily, I reached the part where I wanted to go. Being on that platform gave me a total compensation from the exhaustion. ( It's been a hundred years since my last climb :D). The view was so impressive and made me feel like i'm on the top of the world!



Most Filipino expats go here during winter. This place is always listed in their Must-Visit places here in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. They do picnics here while enjoying the sight of the immense natural structure unveiled before their eyes.



If you are anywhere near Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, I recommend you to visit this place. Nature lover or not, I'm pretty much sure you'll love the place and share the same feeling I had when I was here. :)

2 comments:

Lady Patchy on March 10, 2012 at 2:39 AM said...

I used to work in KSA but never been to Riyadh.I only stepped at Riyadh airport for flight connection probably 10 times.

Unknown on March 10, 2012 at 4:23 PM said...

I hope you'll find time in the future to stay here and visit this place. It's actually cool. :)

Post a Comment

Leave a reply

 

Elsewhere! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos