Friday, March 9, 2012

A Mum's Reckoning

Posted by sarahmaeamharas at 1:25 PM
Once upon a time, in a land far away.

These were the introductions that made my 2 dearest angels grab their favorite blankets and find their spot in their beds. They started fixing their attention to me as I go on reading the lines on the book in my hand. Those two pair of eyes that were full of excitement, anticipation and eagerness fueled my earnest to read further.



These are the moments I missed most. I am a proud mother of two boys. Sadly, I have to be away from them temporarily. This is devastatingly painful for a mother like me. The feeling of losing motherhood daily made it worst. The guilt and the stress made it more painful. Being judged by people and my "inner world" --> the negative things they say to me and those I say to myself everyday eroded my self- esteem and destroyed my confidence.

I realized I have to let go of those things. Trying to feel bad about myself everyday and letting guilt and stress eat me alive. I have to feel good about myself in order for me to be more ready for them when I return. And I always put this in mind: another person’s judgement of me is not ‘the truth.  I will never give up hope, I will let them discover their lives in their own time and in their own pace. FACT: I am still their SuperMum, and will always be. :)



1 comments:

Lady Patchy on March 19, 2012 at 12:28 AM said...

nice post .I can relate to yOUr post .I am an OFW too .I left my son when he was 4 months old to work in KSA. And you are right leaving is only temporary. We will be back to our family someday.

Post a Comment

Leave a reply

 

Elsewhere! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos