Friday, March 16, 2012

SuperMum in Riyadh: Exploring The MidEast

Posted by Unknown at 12:51 AM
Since I became a nurse, working abroad was already a mindset. I guess most of my co-nurses have the same thing in mind. Target destination? Saudi Arabia. For years, this country has been famous for  employing thousands of Filipino nurses distributed to hundreds of hospitals and medical centers all over the Kingdom.
Though I was not as lucky as those who were hired to work in government hospitals but still I was able to work in a private medical company here in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.


When I arrived here, I find it so different than other countries in all Middle East. This place is way much conservative when it comes to religion and cultures than the others. (I've been to Kuwait, so I can easily notice the difference. :D) But on the other hand, it's a nice place to work.
Life is simple here. We go out once or twice a month to buy our food in Batha, which is located in Central Riyadh. There are a lots of Filipino food that are available, so we don't miss Filipino delicacies that much. And not to forget the famous bee, Jollibee, can also be found there. :)




During holidays, we got the chance to visit Red Sand and Hidden Valley. These are places where Filipino expats mostly spend holidays particularly during winter. These has been the usual out-of-town destinations for them. It offers nice views of the rock mountains and sand dunes can also be found there. And I tried out riding an ATV motorcyle, which was actually a fun-filled experience.



As for now, those were just a few of my experiences here in Riyadh which helped me forget the loneliness of being away from my loved ones. Few but nevertheless, I still have a lot of time to go to places and explore more the beauty of MidEast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a reply

 

Elsewhere! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos